Sign up TODAY for our annual trip to Sinoquipe Summer Camp, from July 10-16.
Sinoquipe is absolutely the best way to get advancement in a single week, whether you're new to Sinoquipe (you'll be in the first-year program and will work on Tenderfoot, Second Class, and some First Class requirements), or whether you're returning (good news, no COVID-required breaks between merit badges this year!).
Some new things to note for this year:
- For older Scouts (14 and older), the Mountain Man program has been split into two sections: a "trailblazer" program in the morning, and a "cowboy action" program in the afternoon. You can take both, or you can sign up for one, leaving the other half of the day open for merit badges
- New merit badges include Reptile & Amphibian Science; Health Care Professions; Signs, Signals & Codes; Robotics; Graphic Arts; Space Exploration; and Automotive Maintenance
- Eagle-required badges include Swimming; Lifesaving; Citizenship in the (Nation | Community | World); Environmental Science; Emergency Preparedness; First Aid; Camping; and Cooking
- At this point, Horsemanship will not be offered--they are trying to find a replacement instructor
- New aquatic activities include paddleboarding and pool snorkeling
- Shotgun merit badge will require an additional $20 fee for increased shell costs
- This year's themes! Monday: Troop Shirt; Tuesday: Goofy Hat; Wednesday: Spirit Day Theme (start thinking of one please); Thursday: Superhero Shirt; Friday: Sinoquipe Shirt (e.g. buy stuff at the camp store day)
Important! SIGN UP AND PAY ASAP! We have reserved 30 slots for Scouts but need to free those up if we are not going to get 30. Deadline for payment is March 31. Merit badge signup will follow shortly after in early April.
Parents: we need at least two more registered Scouters to attend and herd the cats. You can split the week with someone if you are not registered. Adults attending do not have to pay: fees are covered by the Troop and by our early bird discount.
Swimming: we'll organize a swim test prior to camp so we can arrive fully testedREQUIRED:
- BSA Permission slip (or fill out the online consent form)
- Current medical form, including Parts A, B _AND_ C. (A & B are sufficient for short-term campouts: a current doctor checkup and completed Part C is required for week-long events) (Current = later than July 17, 2021)
- Payment of $425 (PayPal link here or click the green button in the upper right)
- A baseball bat to discourage wayward arachnids
Sign up NOW!