Troop: the last Troop meeting of every year is usually our holiday celebration, where we have an ugly sweater contest and then do a vicious round of
Yankee Northeastern Resident Swap. We are not
going to let a measly little pandemic ruin our fun! So this year we
will move the contests to Zoom for our December 14th meeting. Here's how
UGLY SWEATER CONTEST
- Sign up to take part. NO DROP-IN CONTESTANTS! YOU MUST SIGN UP BY MONDAY DECEMBER 7th at 11:55PM
- Wear the ugly holiday sweater at the Zoom meeting
- Sweaters must be an actual ugly sweater, not a sweater with someone's picture attached to it
- Troop votes, winner wins
- Winner gets a prize chosen by Mr. V. Don't get your hopes up, it's not a bag of diamonds or a Tesla.
- This one is trickier so pay attention
- Again, sign up to take part. NO DROP-IN CONTESTANTS! YOU MUST SIGN UP BY MONDAY DECEMBER 7th at 11:55PM
- Buy a gift costing $20 or less and wrap it
- Remember, PLEASE buy something that you yourself would like to receive. Goofy is fine, uncooked bacon, hand warmers, toilet paper is not.
- Drop the present at Mr. Vargas's house (2205 N Pollard St) with your name on a Post-it™ note
- Everyone who signed up to participate AND who dropped a gift off will get to participate
- Participants will get a random number to get their selection order
- First person gets a gift chosen at random.
- Subsequent person can get a new random gift, or steal someone else's gift
- Three steals and the gift is locked; no more stealing
- If your gift is stolen, you get a new random gift.
- This goes on until everyone has gone. Note that Person #1 gets one more chance to swap presents with someone else (a quasi-steal)
- Once all gifts have been assigned, Mr. Vargas will play
SantaAmazon Prime and deliver your present to your home.
That's it! Have fun and see you there!