This November, Troop 149 will camp at The Adventure Park for our ropes course campout.
On November 6th and 7th, we will be attending The Adventure Park for our ropes course campout. Scouts will be able to explore the park freely with a buddy during their climbing times.
We'll be climbing from 5:00 to 8:30 PM on Friday night. For those who cannot make it or do not want to camp, we will also have a climb on Saturday morning at 10 AM.
This is one of the easiest campouts you can do. There are porta-potties near by, and all food will be provided by the troop in the form of pizza & s'mores on Friday night and donuts on Saturday morning. Dinner will be available any time after arrival if you want to eat before, during, or after the session.
Where & When
The park is located ~45-60 minutes away, at
16701 Norwood Road
Sandy Spring, MD 20860.
For those camping, we will meet at the park at 4:30pm on Friday night, so we can be briefing by 5.
For those who will not be camping, please make sure you are at the park by 9:45 AM at the latest, so we can be at the briefing by 10.
Parents of those who are climbing Friday night should pick up their kids no later than 10am on Saturday.
Those climbing on Saturday morning can leave when they finish climbing (No exact time, as parents will be there already for drop-off).
Restrictions include, but are not limited to:
- No carpooling. Each parent must drive their own Scout (or Scouts in case of siblings). Parents may choose to camp or make the 1.5hr round trip (excluding time spent at the campsite) on both
Friday and Saturday.
- Solo tents. Scouts may only tent with family members. Bring your own tent if possible, as we don't have enough for everyone.
- Masks & Social Distancing. Masks should be worn whenever scouts are out of their tent, and leave a 6ft distance between others.
The park has a video highlighting the precautions they have taken:
The price for the campout is $65. We need a minimum of 10 climbers per session to get the group rate, so if that number isn't met this could rise to cover the cost of the standard ticket rate (Increase of up to $20).
The campout fee covers the campsite, food, and your ticket.
To sign up, please complete the following:
- Fill out the campout signup form
- Fill out the COVID checklist
- Complete the waiver for The Adventure Park
- Complete the BSA permission form, and email it to email@example.com.
- Submit your campout payment